Lifeguard - Summer Day Camp - 1897
Job Title: Aquatics Instructor/Lifeguard
Position reports to: Aquatics Coordinator; Division Directors
· Under limited supervision, monitors the pool during camper free swim time and during progressive aquatics activities.
· Co-coordinate and plan the progressive aquatics activities.
· Applicants must hold current Lifeguard Certification.
· Applicants must also be certified in Standard First Aid and adult/infant/child CPR; all certifications must be current for entire summer.
· Previous lifeguarding, canoe, or swim instruction experience preferred.
· Some previous lifeguard or pool supervisory experience a positive, but not required.
· Excellent communication, listening and problem solving skills in dealing with children and parents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides direct supervision to campers, ages 5-15, during free swim periods and classes.
· Provides instruction to campers in the after camp swimming program.
· Creates skill games and aquatic lessons for campers of a variety of age and ability levels.
· Assists the lifeguards in providing training and supervision to campers in progressive aquatics exercises.
· Must enforce the pool rules and regulations during camp swim time.
· Attend all staff training sessions.
· Must abide by the standards of professional conduct established for Day Camp employees of the University.
· All camp employees are hired with the understanding that they will be available to work every day that camp is in session.
· Additional duties as assigned by the Camp Site Director.
· Provides emergency CPR services if needed.
· Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
· Attend staff training prior to the start of camp.
· United Educators online course “Sexual Misconduct: How Teachers and Other Educators Can Protect Our Children.
· Mandated Reporter Training (Act 31).
· Required Act 33/34 & FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
General Camp Information:
· 500 population of campers ranging ages 3-15.
· Campus environment with staff and students on site.
· Urban area with some campers traveling from rural parts of city.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
(click here for more details)