This scholarship was named after Jennifer Morgan, who graduated from Baldwin High School in 1973. Jenny Morgan trained to become a registered nurse at the Community College of Allegheny County, graduating in 1984. She worked in labor and delivery at several local hospitals and later became a case manager and utilization specialist in the health care field. She loved being a nurse. Although not a smoker, Jenny was diagnosed with lung cancer and lost her courageous fight on May 28, 2011. Her husband, James, established this scholarship in her name.
The following criteria will apply:
1. Student must be a graduating high school senior from Baldwin or Bethel Park High School.
2. Student must be accepted at a two- or four-year college or university.
3. Must be majoring in the nursing or health related professions.
4. Must have a high school GPA of 2.5 or higher.
5. Student must be a resident of the United States.
6. Submit SAT and/or ACT scores.
7. Provide official high school transcripts.
8. Submit a 100-200 word essay about your educational plans as they relate to your long-term career and personal goals.
9. Provide one letter of reference.
10. Include your current resume.
Final selection of the scholarship winners will be decided (subject to the approval of the Board of Directors of The Pittsburgh Foundation) by a Scholarship Advisory Committee. No member of the Advisory Committee, or his or her immediate family, is eligible for scholarship assistance during his or her tenure on the Advisory Committee.
The Pittsburgh Foundation shall notify the chosen scholarship recipient(s) of its decision. The scholarship payment will be made after The Pittsburgh Foundation’s June Board Meeting, and after the student verifies the school he or she will be attending. Payment will be made to the school for the student.