By Sarah Quinn, Volunteer Coordinator
Have you ever wanted to contribute to the BikePGH website? Here’s you chance! Ngani Ndimbie, our Communication Manager, is currently accepting applications for guest contributors. All writers, photographers, illustrators, and graphic designers are welcome to apply.
- Writing/editing, photography, illustration, or graphic design.
- Self-motivation and ability to move projects forward.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Profile a BikePGH member – explain why this person is dedicated to making our city a place that’s safe for cyclists and pedestrians
- Take pictures of people riding in the fall – we’re hoping to get these photos before all the leaves are gone
- Put together a BikePGH Holiday Gift Guide – 300 words or less about all of the BikePGH swag on cyclists’ wish lists
- Design a BikePGH Women & Biking program logo – represent the community of women and trans identified who share the joy of the bike
- Create a BikePGH Thank You Card – make a 5.5″ X 4.25″ bike-themed thank you just in time for the holidays
- Your work will be viewed by our 16,000+ email subscribers or 25,000+ social media followers.
- Volunteer hours towards a BikePGH membership.
- Invitations to our volunteer appreciation events.
- Items to add to your personal blog/portfolio.
Writers should create a blog post explaining why they like to bike or walk (bonus points if you include how you would share your post on social media). Visual artists must include a link to their portfolio or at least 5 images of their work.
- Please submit your blog post as a .doc or .docx file – no .pdf files please.
- Make sure your name is the title of the document. Do not title your file “BikePGH.docx”.
- Be yourself! If you want to write about a topic you don’t see on the BikePGH blog currently, assume we are interested. We’re always looking for new kinds of content.
- Feel free to attach .jpg image files if you are a visual artist without an online portfolio.