Full Time Intern Position possibly leading to Full Time Permanent Position
Monday through Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Compensation - $10.00/hour
Location – downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
We are seeking a detail oriented, reliable, and mature high school senior that would be responsible for performing various clerical tasks to support our offices. Candidate will assist administrative services managers and business assistant by greeting incoming guests, answering phones, sorting and distributing mail, filing, completing word processing tasks, and helping with basic bookkeeping duties.
• Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel
• Prepares coffee or gets water for visitors
• Answers incoming calls on a multi-line phone, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or office in a professional and friendly manner
• Transfers calls to voice mail or takes and delivers messages when appropriate personnel are not available
• Retrieves, opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail (envelopes, packages, etc.)
• Assists in filing duties
• Operates office equipment such as a multi-function copier/printer/scanner and computer for word processing, spreadsheet creation, etc.
• Completes word processing assignments
• Proofreads and edits technical reports, correspondence, and proposals
• Detects formatting and composition errors in documents
• Handles sensitive and/or confidential documents and information
• Communicates job or deadline issues with manager
• Undertakes basic bookkeeping tasks such as scanning incoming checks, entering payables, etc.
• Performs other office duties as assigned
• High school diploma
• Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High attention to detail, very good organizational skills, ability to multitask and prioritize work
• Demonstrated experience communicating orally and in writing
• Experience writing clear, concise letters, or e-mail messages with accurate spelling, punctuation, and grammar
• Reliable and professional
• Team playero edit.